Facebook Like And Send

Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Super Moist Butter Cake


This is a super moist butter cake i've ever made also very soft in texture, thanks Wendy for sharing Mrs NgSK's recipe. I tried this recipe soon after I saw Wendy posted this butter cake in her blog. I added chocolate rice since my kids love chocolate.

Mrs NgSK's Vanilla Butter Cake
Recipe source: Mrs Ng SK


Ingredients:

230 gr salted butter, softened (cool at 18-20C, not glossy) ---> i use 250 gr
200 gr eggs, no shell (4 grade B eggs)
 50 gr + 150 gr sugar
200 gr self raising flour, sifted.
 60 ml milk
  1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped (or 1 tsp vanilla extract) ---> i use Madagascar vanilla paste
100 gr chocolate rice

Method :

1. Preheat oven at 150C (conventional). Prepare a 8 inch square pan. Line the base and grease the sides (greasing helps the cake’s sides to rise well)
2. Separate the eggs, and place the whites into a medium sized bowl (6 cup capacity)Beat egg whites until soft peaks, gradually add 50gm sugar and beat until stiff. Set aside.
3. Cream butter and 150gm sugar until pale and fluffy (KW speed 3). Put in vanilla paste and and beat for a while. Put in egg yolks one by one and beat well after each addition.
4. Put in half the flour and mix on low speed until incorporated. Put in milk in 2 additions and mix until well incorporated. Mix in balance of flour.
5. Put half the egg whites in and mix on low speed. Pour the balance of egg whites in and FOLD. Add in chocolate rice.
6. Pour batter into pan and level.
7. Bake for 50 - 60 minutes or until skewer comes out clean. (I reduced to 130C for the last 10 minutes).

*Note: I did step 2 and 3 simultaneously. Butter in the stand mixer and egg whites with the hand mixer.




5 comments:

  1. Wow, yours is really flat too!
    I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi =) I baked this yesterday and it turned out really super good! everyone said it's better than butter cakes sold in the bakeries. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Your cake looks delicious. Can u advise me, can I add 2 tsp of coffee powder to the milk mixture as I am fans of coffee? Can I sprinkle some chopped walnut on top, do I need to tasted it first?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fantastic. I am going our for the ingredients right now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...